Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lt's + Tsp rumbler X

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt's + Tsp rumbler X

im thinkin about changing my exhaust up a little.... for any of you guys with the tsp true duals with the dumped mufflers, is there alot of drone in the car? will i not be able to here my radio? thats the only thing holding me back from buying ti really. Id like to be able to hear while im in the car.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had cam only with LT's and TSP TD and it was sic sounding only problem for me was when i went to taco bell it rattled there glass window and they threw my food at me and slammed the window shut! Interior was not as bad as what I thought it would be . you will have to turn your stereo up a bit more to hear it
Old 10-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Snapps
I had cam only with LT's and TSP TD and it was sic sounding only problem for me was when i went to taco bell it rattled there glass window and they threw my food at me and slammed the window shut! Interior was not as bad as what I thought it would be . you will have to turn your stereo up a bit more to hear it
Are you serious???!!! I would've demanded extra chalupas.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

I've had my TSP true duals with spiral flows for about a month. At first it was ridiculously loud. Really, really loud! Of course I change from completely stock exhaust to this setup. I've gotten used to the extra noise now and it sounds amazing. Interior noise is alittle loud still with the windows up. It gets kinda annoying running around 70 mph in sixth going up a hill, lots of drone! That being said I wouldn't change to anything thing else with my current setup.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

yeah my mods are in my sig.... im kinda afraid to do it. My friend has a FASTT 4cyl turbo mustang vert with a dump and its not so loud outside but it drones bad because its right under the axel and it makes me think twice about doing it.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

I have that exhaust. absolutely love it. it was a bit loudt first but not too bad. The key to it is when you install it, you need to give it at least a few weeks before you decide wether to keep it or not. You get used to the noise and it sounds absolutely sick. Nice and mellow while cruising but abnoxius when WOT. you cant go wrong with this exhaust.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The Rumbler X is definately loud & not for everyone. That being said most of the people who have them wouldn't trade it for anything! The combo sounds awesome & supports crazy amounts of power! The 1 7/8" TSP long tube headers & true duals should give you huge power potential for right about $1000!!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-19-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

I put my Duals on last night, not a TSP dual but close enough, I have duals with a DR Gas X pipe and bullets and dumped, at first like above said I though damn this is too much, then I went driving today and I like it alot, it does not drone that much just right around 2k so you can try to adjust your driving to get it to not do that, the radio still is just fine.

I say DO IT and I think everyone else here feels the same, is it loud YES, do I want to take it off loud NO. We'll wait to see how the coppa's react and go from there, there are always other options like longer bullets, better bullets etc too.

I thought to take a quick sample of WOT throttle earlier but the first 2 seconds are of light throttle, as loud as it sounds is as light as it is not bad at all at very light throttle you get into it at all and you need to turn of the radio but maintaining 50mph or less it not bad at all in overdrive.

try this hope it helps a bit. ( the shift is f'ed cause I was trying to watch the tach through the camera, PS it dosent work for **** lol )

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s...rent=Duals.flv

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 10-19-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

If you angle the dumps at a 45 degree angle outwards, instead of straight down, the drone inside is a lot less - sounds crisper from the outside also.
I drove mine with 3" TD's dumped straight down from Springfield, Mo. to San Antonio, Tx and by the time I got here, I felt like my head and ears were stuffed with cotton.

Bird
Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lt1Porsche
I have that exhaust. absolutely love it. it was a bit loudt first but not too bad. The key to it is when you install it, you need to give it at least a few weeks before you decide wether to keep it or not. You get used to the noise and it sounds absolutely sick. Nice and mellow while cruising but abnoxius when WOT. you cant go wrong with this exhaust.
Review made recently(I'll try to edit and find it) If you don't like the TSP TD's then just add cats and it mellows out a good bit. You'll probably lose about 8-10 HP but if the sound bothers you that much I guess it's worth it.
But if you're going to get TD's then what's the point of having cats?!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

I used to have TSP TD's with Sweet Thunders.. but here in the gay *** CHP gave me a ticket.. I loved it it was LOUD but sounded awesome! Everyone loved it, but I had to change it.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Teching In

i ran this setup on my old bolt on SS and i loved it! was loud enough to wake the dead but that is the way i like it. The drone wasnt too bad except low rpms. I angled my tips out which helped alot. Do it and if it is too much for you run it out the back
Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mikes96z
Are you serious???!!! I would've demanded extra chalupas.

rofl