Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is I have zero power to any of my electrical system. Friday I went to the drags and as I was backing out of my spot to go run, the car completely dies. I thought I fat footed the clutch and tried to start it. Nothing. When I say nothing, I mean nadda.
My internal lights don't come on, no ignition what so ever. The battery is fine and even tried jumping it for a dummy check. I crawled under the car today to look at the fuzeable wire off starter. All wires seem to be fine. I checked all wires under the dash to make sure none of the pedals had caught something.
When I got to the car today I opened the door and had power. Electric fuel pumps came on and all looked normal. I bumped the ignition and it went back into above symptoms. Nothing. The red theft light, the night it happened, was flashing very strangely. I suspect it may have something to do with my theft. Dunno. I don't believe this time the red light came on. Any help would be great guys.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have you checked the main grounds? sounds like a ground problem to me... oh btw its me emoFTW from the humble forum
Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bongva
have you checked the main grounds? sounds like a ground problem to me... oh btw its me emoFTW from the humble forum
Oh hey man. I have looked at the grounds and they are fine.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

I agree with bongva, I know you have checked them, but I would double check. Especially the grounds on the backside of the driverside head. I have missed one of those before and drove myself nuts running the issue down. You might wanna hookup a diagnostic scan tool and check for codes as well. You could also be on the right track with GM passkey as a possible cause. Good luck man..
Old 10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

I'll recheck them. Probably a hundred more times to, just to be sure.LOL
Old 10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

I feel for you man..I did the same thing, checked, re-checked fuses, grounds etc..
Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Scott do your gauge needles max & then zero out when you turn the key to the on position? My car pulled some **** like this one day on my lunch while at a gas station. Did the exact same crazy ****. Ended up being the battery. It checked out fine but only started after putting in a new one.

Could also be the stock theft system malfunctioning. I have heard of this happening when that goes. If your key kinda wobbly in the ignition, like it's starting to wear?