Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help this newb out guys...lots of pictures...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help this newb out guys...lots of pictures...

ok guys I am far from an expert when it comes to cars but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn :o Now as far as my car goes its a 2001 ws6. The headers I have here are jet hot headers. The problem I have is I don't know about the "air" tubes...does this have the air connection for it? I know its not supposed to have egr so how do I make sure it doesn't have egr?

Also the very last picture shows these 2 things and an orange long leather type tube. I am guessing the 2 things in the package are 02 sims?? What is this orange tube for?

Also do I need to get something else for my car to connect the "air" stuff up?

Basically what I'm trying to get at is are these the right headers for my car before I take it to the mechanic and what else do I need to get the headers to hook up to the car? (I have the slp installation kit and stage8 bolts)

Now for the pictures:

Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appears as though your headers have the provision for the A.I.R. and EGR. For your car to stil function normally and not throw and codes, you need to hook up you EGR and AIR tubes to the headers. Most people, in areas where emissions is not a big deal, delete their AIR and EGR. If you do this, you will need to have someone tune your car so it runs well and doesn't throw andy codes.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

thats not good news for sure. the person I bought these from told me they are for 01-02 fbody so they shouldn't have egr. What should I do about the egr? My car is a 01 so it doesn't have egr. I'm cool with connecting the air if its already there why not use it. I have a diablosport I can use to tune out the codes but confused about the egr situation. Can I still make these work? Suggestions?

(which hole exactly is the "egr" connection)
Old 10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

EGR is the top port I believe and as far as the connectors, the orange tube is a heat sleeve to protect wiring on the passenger side. I can't tell but the others in the packages might be O2 sensor extensions.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

^ok got it. does anyone know if there is something I can buy to block off the egr on the headers? Or am I basically screwed.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

an EGR block off plate, or just make your own. No big deal at all. Just make sure you use a gasket of some sort to keep leaks away.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Teching In

The AIR connectors are closest to the flange on both sides(#1 tube on pass side, #2 tube on drivers side). The EGR connector is the lower one on the #1 tube on the pass side. You can either have it cut off and welded shut or buy a block off plate for it. The electrical connectors you have are not sims, they are extenders. When you put the O2 sensors in your headers, you have to connect to where you unplugged the front O2 sensors from and that is what the extenders are for.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just about any of the sponsors should sell the EGR blockoff plate. Places like Texas speed and WS6 store have them I am sure.
Here ya go:
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1764
Old 10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

sweet thanks guys I was going to sell them at a loss because I thought there was no way around it

As far as the 02 extenders (they came in the slp header install kit) do I still need to use them if I get the air and egr block off plates? Should I just get the egr block and install the air stuff...if so what do I need to install the air stuff
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

You still need to use the o2 extensions no matter what(unless you go with vette bosch o2's). You don't need anything to install the air on your headers, maybe just some nuts and bolts.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look in the box, my Pacesetters came with an egr block off plate, if not it's a pretty simple task to make your own, trace the gasket on a piece of sheet metal, drill the holes, cut out, file the edges smooth, add gasket, and install
FWIW use the bosch rear vette o2s pn 13111, have them on my car (2 years and no codes)