Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Idle after TB/LS6/FIPk Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Idle after TB/LS6/FIPk Install

Well today i installed my LS6 intake, 80mm TB and K&N FIPK. It warmed up great and idled great till i took it for a ride. When i would come to a stop.. The idle would fall to around 500 then jump back up to 800. WHat do you guys think? The PCM just needs to learn the new **** or is it something else?
Old 09-17-2003, 12:21 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Odd Idle after TB/LS6/FIPk Install

Sometimes when switching TB's, the car needs to do the re-learn process. I'll assume you didn't do it yet. I'd put money that's where the issue is. Have it looked at by someone if it doesn't clear up soon. Make sure to check all the lines and hoses associated with the swap to make sure they are all on good.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem when I did the free mods on my car.

I disconnected the battery and reseted the PCM. The car may seem slower but will pick up again. Another thing was after doing this the startup was kind funny for the first 2 or 3 times.

BUT I would highly recommend doing what Jabroni suggested first. Make sure there aren't any leaks and everything is hooked up properly.

Another thing, you mentioned "80mm" throttle body. Would this be the BBK?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I THINK you have to drill out the TB plate. Just like the stock one.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another thing, you mentioned "80mm" throttle body. Would this be the BBK?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I THINK you have to drill out the TB plate. Just like the stock one.

I have the same set up. At first double check all conections.
If all is Ok reset PCM.
BTW you do not have to drill TB.

After a while you will notice K&N oil deposits on TB inlet, Wipe this clean. I had a little idle problem with that, but was cured with regular cleanings.