Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley 4150 TB Idle Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holley 4150 TB Idle Problems

I am having problems with my holley 4150 throttle body. Initial start up it idles fine, after about 1 minute of running you can hear the IAC open and the idle hangs about 2200-3000 rpms. I know it is the IAC motor. If I cover the hole for the IAC it will run and idle like a champ after I adjust the primary idle screw.

I have seen them do the same thing on other vehicles, I just do not know what I need to do to fix it. I am not going to leave it the way I have it now, I am actually ashamed to say how it is now... The last I heard people are tuning the IAC out of the pcm...

This is on a stock pcm with a start up tune on it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

we had an issue with one of those throttle bodies and a spacer. look on the back side of the tb underneath the iac motor and make sure that the iac passage doesnt protrude past the gasket. you might have to take it off, hold it upside down and hold the gasket on it to look. we actually had to have the tb modified so that it wouldnt leak. it left an air passage straight to open air from under neath the tb. ill check our camera for pictures on monday so you can better see what i am talkin about.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris@Straightline
we had an issue with one of those throttle bodies and a spacer. look on the back side of the tb underneath the iac motor and make sure that the iac passage doesnt protrude past the gasket. you might have to take it off, hold it upside down and hold the gasket on it to look. we actually had to have the tb modified so that it wouldnt leak. it left an air passage straight to open air from under neath the tb. ill check our camera for pictures on monday so you can better see what i am talkin about.
I would say it is something like that.

The tuner that I use locally could not get the pcm to compensate for the iac motor on the last car we used one of these throttle bodies on. Anyhow, he ended up just "tuning out" the IAC and used the base idle screw only...

I do not mind doing that, but I wanted to research the problem before mine was up for tuning.

Pictures would be awesome.

-Ryan
Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Banned

ill defiantely check for the pics
Old 11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, thanks.

-Ryan

Quick Reply: Holley 4150 TB Idle Problems