Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals... worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
i duno, to me tips do NOT look good coming out the rear of 4th gen camaros (UNLESS its cme) . T/a's look great with em'
I am very happy with my True Duals with hidden exhaust, I think it looks pretty good.

For more photos, etc. check here ....

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20SS/Exhaust/
Old 11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

thats a good lookin setup you got

Originally Posted by bdrussell
I am very happy with my True Duals with hidden exhaust, I think it looks pretty good.

For more photos, etc. check here ....

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20SS/Exhaust/
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT is a nice set up
Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Ok so tips are out for me I've been convinced! I think I'll just order the TSP dual kit I really appreciate the input guys thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Default not tips on a ta

Serioulsy? I love the fact i don't have tips on my 00 t/a. It makes it look mean and unstock. That and i don't see much t/as here without them. All i see is flowmaster.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the duals. you wont regret it. i just ordered mine and cant wait till they come... gotta get a smog check first, though...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

i failed ot mention.. my car already scraped on crap with the stock y pipe cuz im nearly slammed.. it just scrapes al ittle more often with the true duals
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Coreyc619
i failed ot mention.. my car already scraped on crap with the stock y pipe cuz im nearly slammed.. it just scrapes al ittle more often with the true duals
I've noticed that I drag less with my true duals than I did with the stock exhaust, in fact now the center brace for the trans is what hits not the exhaust.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Change of plan for my duals, I got some dynomax bullets instead, The h pipe came with glasspacks but I figure the bullets will sound better
Old 11-15-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

If I had a camaro I would dump them. I run mine out the back cause it looks funny without tips. Go for the true duals!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Coreyc619
if i could do it all over again.. id go with a y pipe and a cutout. so much simpler and less headache down the road.. even for suspension pieces such as torque arms.. i build my own true duals. my car sounds great.. but with a cutout at WOT who cares. its gonna sound good. also true duals may make more power but they make up for the added power with added weight if you do a out the back setup. just my humble opinion.

ive had ppl tell me its the best sounding stock motor ls1 theyve ever heard.. still wasnt worth it. ground clearance sucks also. price you pay.. (we have lots of railroad track crossings in my area) my car is quiet at idle and part throttle, even hwy. but it barks real hard at WOT. its perfect.. but its heavy, and though it was fun to construct for a guy like me, its still heavy. id rather go faster myself. oh btw for my setup i had to cut out part of the spare tire compartment and add my own metal to let that passenger side muffler clear. it wasnt easy.
Looks like you took two merges and welded them end to end to make that x. What merges are those? What are the outlet diameter on those? I have found those exact merges that have the dual 3" in and single 3" out but I been looking for a bigger outlet on that style of merge.

I would also like to see more pics of the entire system from all angles.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Teching In

The tsp 1/78 headers with the true dual set up and dynomax mufflers dumped too loud for street?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also say go duals. I have 3 inch with dynomax bullets with tailpipes under the axle and have never had any problem with scraping. My magnaflow single exhaust would drag all the time.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

I'm getting ready to order a set of pacesetter LTs and the true dual setup from texas speed for my 02 SS. I understand that exhaust sound is opinionative and i've listened to a million sound clips on ls1sounds and here... and cant really get a grasp of which muffler sounds the best.. My question is.. Which mufflers would you guys order with the TSP setup.. I understand the mufflers are personal preference but I would just like to hear some opinions. Btw.. my SS is pretty much completely stock.. no cam or anything like that. I'm looking for a very deep, throaty sound. I'm sure its a loud setup whichever muffler is used.. but with the deep and throaty sound.. I like a pretty loud car just incase anyone isnt familiar with the setup or just cant remember what all three muffler options are.. they're...

Dynomax Bullets, Moroso Spiral Flows, and Sweet Thunder.

Oh.. and one more thing.. for everyone that put this exhaust setup on in their garage.. etc.. is there anything that I should be aware of before I do this such as certain super low clearance points? or any tips for me?

I appoligize for the super long post guys.. I just figured id get all my ?s out there to save from posting numerous times. Thanks guys.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT ^I want all of this information as well. I am leaning toward the Moroso Spirals.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Default true

i have true duels with 1 chamber race flow maters and it sounds awsome. if you pm me with your email ill send you a sound clip.

Quick Reply: True duals... worth it?