Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cam question

ok guys im looking for a cam but not sure what to look for. this is what i have and want to do. i have a 98 z28 ls1 6 speed. the engine was replaced in the car and has the updated motor with the 241 heads not the 853s that came on the cars up to 99. but yea im actually not looking to upgrade my heads and i want a cam that sounds good at idle and gives the motor some more life. but will not kill my gas milage because its my daily driver. i would like to shoot for low 12s

sound clips would be great to
Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check in the internal engine section and you will find tons of info with people in similar situations...

When i was in your shoes, i did my research for months before making any rash decision bc a cam is a big deal for a daily driver, and you want to do it right the first time. I figured out what i wanted, then got with PatrickG (member here) and had him spec out a custom cam for my set-up. I couldnt be happier with the results. good luck