Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my headers with ORY and magnamouth...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed my headers with ORY and magnamouth...HELP!!

Installed my headers and ORY with the magnamouth and it has rasp starting about 2200 rpm. Sounds like I have a band of trumpets back there. Ive been reading so much my mind if going crazy about different exhaust.

I thought about going with the x-pipe from Speed Inc and some bullet mufflers dumped at the back. With this kill the rasp or is my only alternative to add cats?

I installed the pacesetter headers and they went in pretty easy. Many thanks to the guys on the board for different write ups and stuff. I dont post alot but I read the board everyday.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

pacesetter ORY?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

here is mine with the TSP duals and moroso spiral flows, sounds mean with very little rasp imo

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=MVI_0193.flv
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Its the pacesetter ORY. I called Texas Speed about their duals but they wont be available until around Christmas. I dont know if I can wait that long
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

I have the TSP catted Y pipe and my car has no rasp the cats make it sound alot better.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You need some high flow cats to take out that rasp or a different exhaust alltogether.

Even with the quieter Hooker and Magnaflow crossflow mufflers you still get rasp, its just not that bad.

You can put a turndown on the muffler you have now and dump it and you will probably not hear rasp anymore. The same muffler but now no rasp? I like to think of it like a subwoofer being played with the trunk open and it sounds like ***, like its distorting and then you close the trunk and its sounds good. Dumped exhaust kinda uses the underneath of the car like the subwoofer uses the trunk of the car when its closed.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

One other solution I often recommend to help with the rasp - get a merge collector. The majority of that sound is the exhaust gases slaming into each other at the y-connection (which is narrowed down to 2.75"). Get yourself a Flowmaster merge collector and have an exhaust shop install it. It'll take some custom fabrication to the back of your y-pipe and the front of your catback. But, it should help a lot with the 2,200 RPM racket.

Here's an example of what you'd need:

http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=55747

...and a 3.5" to 3.0" reducer

I'm sure some of the site sponsors have these items in their catalogs.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 11-06-2008 at 12:20 PM.