Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPP header install questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LPP header install questions...

I ordered some LPP headers and y-pipe and I'm just trying to get everything together for the install before I get these in. I know theres two different stye band clamps, one for slip in style exhausts and another for the butt up style. Which ones do I need? Also is there anything else you guys can think of I will need? I plan on reusing the gaskets and bolts b/c they look fine, is that ok?

Thanks guys,
Kyle
Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Does the set-up not come with the clamps you need? I know some header systems include these. I re-used the stock bolts as well but I went to Advanced and got new gaskets, they were only $12 I also changed the plugs and wires at the same time. Got in on the deal in the sponsor section for MSD wires and NGK plugs. Other than that you just need lots of time and patience A variety of tools metric wrenches, sockets etc. etc. The open end/ratchet end wrenches are life savers! You have to get the car as high as you can safely get it. I put the rear on ramps and had solid concrete blocks under the wheels in addition to jack stands. I printed up the write up in the sticky (up top) for the QTP install and it was helpful. Take your time and if it gets overwhelming, take a break Hope this helps.
Jman
Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man. Yeah I'm really not sure if LPP sends clamps with their stuff. Guess I should shoot them an e-mail. I've actually already got the car in the air and the stock stuff off. It was actually easier than I thought it was goin to be. And I did just order MSD wires and plugs. Again thanks. Kyle
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Teching In

When I ordered them they said they did not come with band clamps, so I ordered some, but when the headers arrived they sent 3 with the headers.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

hey man how do you like the headers? Did you have any fitment issues?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the LPP headers and ORY and they supplied the clamps(band style that but up). They fit awesome and there is no notching needed. You will need 02 extensions(I went with 2 24'' ones) and you will also need MSD wires. You will need them because there will be two primaries on the driver side that will hit the boots of the stock ones. Its really not a big deal because a few of the sponsors are selling MSD wires and NGK spark plugs for 64 bucks shipped. The boot on the MSDs is bendable which is why you will need them. The only other issue I had which is not a big deal is that my SLP catback and the ORY were the exact same side diameter. So I took the I pipe off and to a muffler shop and he expanded it for me to fit over. By the way they sound AWESOME!!!. Ground clearance is good with them and you will love the driver side mount for the ORY because you will be able to stomp on it and it wont hit the floor.

here is a little inspiration for your installation
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=mELU14cCXEI

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=VSdMmdHmBNU
Old 11-13-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Just finnished getting them bolted up. They look good and the fitment is nice. It's kinda tight around the tunnle brace but I used a couple of washers and everything was fine. I had to get a 13" piece of 3" pipe to reach from the y-pipe to my Borla cat back. But they look really really good. Quality piece.