Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock intake gaskets work on FAST 92?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Stock intake gaskets work on FAST 92?

I just got my FAST in today and noticed it didn't come with new intake gaskets. So I look at my old ls1 intake and see the gaskets are agaies different. The stock ones are rectangular andrge fast is gaped almost like a rectangle but with one end rounded. Well I can actually fit a old style gasket on it and it sits down there flush after some persusian.

My question is-will these gaskets seal properly?

I know I should order the right gaskets but I really need to get this thing back together before the weekend...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can still technically use the stock gaskets. But Iv'e seen it before first hand. It is always best to spend the $30 or so to get new gaskets. Do you really wanna pull all of that apart again for something you could have bought easily . But if you just need to hurry up so you can drive it for now they will work.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this same problem. TSP said to use the stockers. I wasn't comfortable with that so I ordered some new stockers and put them in. They worked fine. I know the LS intake is a rectangle port and the FAST is cathedral port but they work just fine.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah I went ahead and used my old ones LOL