Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet Thunders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sweet Thunders?

im putting a new exhaust on my car, running TDs possibly no merge, but i need new/quieter mufflers and my spiral flows...

im thinking about going with 2 24" chambered mufflers from sweet thunder. My neighbor has them on his corvette and i love they way they sound and i figured i would try it too.

anyone else have these/have any experiance with them

:edit: these are what im looking at http://www.sweet-thunder.com/chamber...html#stainless
Old 11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to a guy at sweet thunder and he said the longer the muffler the deeper/mellower the tone. I have the short 18" ones and they are a little more high pitched in tone.

Pretty much stock motor with longtubes, true dual 3" with an X pipe
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...ort_192118.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...der_188711.htm

Heres my car with open headers for comparison sake
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...pen_186941.htm

A lot of people on here will tell you to go with powersticks instead, I havent head those resonators in person, but I havnt liked a single clip I've heard with those. Both are loud though.. That kinda comes with the territory when your dealing with a straight through resonator. The spin techs are loud but they are at least a chmbered muffler.. they should be quieter than the sweetthunders.

Btw without some sort of merge pipe like an x or H pipe.. your exhaust is going to be a lot louder, I can garuntee that. When we did long tubes on my buddies fox body we started the car up with just the headers on and it was as expected ****** LOUD. We wanted to drive it around asap but knew it wasnt good to drive around with open headers so we bolted the x pipe in place (expecting to keep the whole town up) and to our surprise with the X pipe the car was still loud but almost quiet in comparison to just the open headers. I told him to keep it that way but he ended up putting spintechs on with the x pipe. Car sounds good.

Last edited by sciff5; 11-11-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

im thinking about running the 24s under the car by the driveshaft, then normal piping under the axle to the spiral flows i have now to quiet it down and restrict hardly any power
Old 11-11-2008, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
im thinking about running the 24s under the car by the driveshaft, then normal piping under the axle to the spiral flows i have now to quiet it down and restrict hardly any power
Again if your not running some sort of merge pipe I dont think its gonna make zip difference. If you do run the sweet thunders in addition to the spiral flows, and get a merge pipe, or just get a merge pipe.. I think you'll see a big difference.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=100_0417.flv
Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sciff5
Again if your not running some sort of merge pipe I dont think its gonna make zip difference. If you do run the sweet thunders in addition to the spiral flows, and get a merge pipe, or just get a merge pipe.. I think you'll see a big difference.
everytime i hear a car go from no merge to merge it gets louder... im not looking for the extra power i have a big cam for that, i need it quiet so my mom doesnt go snooping around my car and try to find out what me and my dad are doing to it, hence the running 2 mufflers
Old 11-11-2008, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

wow that sounds really good
Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Sweet Thunders are very loud...I ended up ditching them and going to a traditional catback because it was too much. With that being said, they did sound extremely good. Very deep and powerful sounding.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Sweet Thunders are very loud...I ended up ditching them and going to a traditional catback because it was too much. With that being said, they did sound extremely good. Very deep and powerful sounding.
kuinda why i figured i would stack the spiral flows with them. Use them to quiet it down a tad, and the spiral flows out back to nock it down even more.

i want refined loud lol