Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas-Speed Rumbler 3" cat back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas-Speed Rumbler 3" cat back?

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=195&catid=46

Anyone have this or any experience with it out and sound? I have a couple Magnaflow...well these http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/14416/10002/-1 laying around the garage and thinking I could rig something up with this setup for a nice sound. Have pacesetting longtubes with a pacesetter y-pipe going into some Borla muffler that was on my car when I bought it and it's way to quiet for my liking, especially now that it's a weekend car and no longer my everyday car.

Thanks for any input!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the rumbler catback on my 02 WS6. it had stock manifolds/cats and was amazing. for LTs and ORY i think it will be perfect if you like it on the loud side.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

mods in sig. the idle is fairly quiet, once you give it any gas it just roars. and that probably a good word for it too. highway drone does get fairly annoying after only a few minutes. hard to have a decent conversation with someone above 60mph. Of course, i do have an A4 with 3.23s so i'm cruising around 2300-2400 rpm i'd imagine a M6 or an A4 with 2.73s would be quieter. Now this is from the point of view of a DD. (looking back, if i had the money i would have went with a quieter catback for DD, and dual cut-outs in the Y for some fun ) I must say however when i'm in the mood for it, it definitely delivers. VERY satisfying at WOT. I'd recommend it for a weekend warrior. Even though i'm stuck with it (lack of motivation/funds), its just too much for a daily driver. hope that helps
Old 11-27-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

its a really good catback for the money u spend like the post above it is kindaquiet till u give it gas then it gets loud

mines kinda choppy and raspy but i got headers and a off road y pipe so its to be expected
Old 11-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned

Thanks for the feedback! I just bought this 09 Fit as a DD and the Trans Am is down for right now and it def needs a new "cat back." I figure while I put a new pinion seal and rear diff gasket in, paint it (the whole car), and so on, why not get a loud *** exhaust? This is cheap, which is what I like, I just wanted to know if it was a well built setup and loud! I have a G5X3 cam in there as well and with the setup I have you can't even tell! Which is good if you want a sleeper....
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by noriceinside
i had the rumbler catback on my 02 WS6. it had stock manifolds/cats and was amazing. for LTs and ORY i think it will be perfect if you like it on the loud side.
yeah it sounds pretty damned good. i'm surprised more people aren't using it. i had flowmaster, magnaflow and i don't think i'll be changing this one out. with a 3600 stall, it stalls up and sounds like something words can't describe.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

I used to run with a loudmouth and that was very loud. i actually liked it but the long gears from the a4 made it sound too annoying at times. I imagine this being around the same. Sounds real good though. Go for it
Old 11-29-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds just like the LM1. I have had it for yrs, now has LT's, ORY, cam, 4K stall, and stock 3.23 gears. I don't drive it much, but I like'em loud. When my oldest was a baby she would fall asleep in the car every time.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Tough to beat for the price. Is pretty loud with LT, ORY and cam.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

it doesnt sound like the LM1 at all...i did a comparison between similar bolt on cars stock manifolds and Y pipe...one had the rumbler (mine) and the other was running the LM1...obvious difference in idle and WOT sound..the loudmouth car was more raspy and generaly louder...the rumbler car was a bit quieter at idle and definaly had more tone to it...at WOT they both were loud but again the LM1 was loud and tone less and the rumbler gave a great roar with tone....now the LM1 car is running a 402 and SLP longtubes and ORY and its rediculously loud...my car is modded like the sig says and the Rumbler still sounds amazing...if you like a loud car then this is for you
Old 11-30-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 24/48
Tough to beat for the price. Is pretty loud with LT, ORY and cam.
+1 ive been running this exhaust for about a year now with a cam, LT's, and ORY...its loud..and with the cam its pretty raspy as well..but damn it sounds mean as hell..the best way i can describe it is raw, i wouldnt really say it has that much of a tone to it..but it has that raw kinda sound..i've heard it with stock manifolds and stock y-pipe, and it sounds absolutely nothing like it does with longtubes, ory, and a cam
Old 11-30-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's loud when you get on it, and it (relatively) quiet at idle, the one thing I don't care for is the drone you get at highway speeds, and if you try to have a phone conversation, forget it, all the other person can hear is the exhaust
If you want a system that'll let the other drivers know you got a set of pipes, then this one is for you, if you want a more subtle sound get something else
Here's a lil video clip of me doing a drive by (pre cam)
http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=5119

Quick Reply: Texas-Speed Rumbler 3" cat back?