Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing parts need help !

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing parts need help !

So i am needing some info on how to remove some things now to start off with is the passenger side air bag I thought it just unbolted and came down but i unbolted the brackets from both left and right side and the 2 that hold the air bag in so it doesn't shake and still won't come out can someone explain that ? And the EGR I belive that i just need a block off plate for both headers and the top of the intake and then I don't know about the air pump and what needs to be done to take that out if someone could explain that also and how to get all of that out and what needs to be done thanks
Old 11-29-2008, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not hard to remove the dash to remove the passenger airbag. plus, u can remove even more un-needed weight wit the dash off. airbag comes off alot easier with the dash removed. to remove EGR and air injection is simple. everything pretty much unbolts. u can get block-off plates from speedinc or texasautocraft.com
Old 11-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

well i have already replaced the dash and really didn't want to take the dash out because it was huge pain the first place i thought you could take it out with it in place ? And ya my dad is a machinest and can make me block off plates for the headers and for the intake and I didn't know what was all involved with the air pump that connects into them and how to remove that.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

hope u dont care if the SES light is on. once the EGR and AIR is off and disconnected, the light will be on til u get it tuned out
Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

on the airpump you can just cut the hose and plug it off under the fuse box, also you can pull the fuse for the pump, if you want to do that after you cut the hose..
Old 11-29-2008, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pate_2008
well i have already replaced the dash and really didn't want to take the dash out because it was huge pain the first place i thought you could take it out with it in place ? And ya my dad is a machinest and can make me block off plates for the headers and for the intake and I didn't know what was all involved with the air pump that connects into them and how to remove that.
u could try removing the passenger airbag by pulling the glovebox lid. not sure tho. air pump itself comes off with 4 bolts. remove all hoses and round vaccuum cansiter and purge solenoid. its really simple
Old 11-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Default p0404 code

i am getting p0404 code egr rec. the car is stumbling at all speeds and will not hardly pull it own weight up hill. could a bad egr valve cause this kind off problem? I need some help i am new to the ls1tech and need some help
Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Launching!

ya I got all the egr stuff shut off just got to pull it all off now. And ok i got how to get the air pump stuff off and the egr now all i need is how to get the air bag out, i dropped the glove box removed the screws that i thought held in the bracket on the left and right side and in the middle and it still won't come out I need help with this thanks.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Launching!

ok i know i need 2 header block off plates, and the other EGR bigger block off plate and the intake manifold plug. What are the air block off plates that they are talking about ?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

dude the honest, best way to remove the airbags is to remove the whole dash. my seem like alot of work but its honestly not hard at all. just unbolting alot of ****. remove bolts and seperate and label the bolt locations in ziplock bags

the air blockoff plates are for the air tubes on top of each exhaust manifold. u can buy all the blockoff plates u need from speedinc or texasautocraft.com