Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with alarm/no start...help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with alarm/no start...help!

Hopefully I am in the correct area, if not I appolgize... I recently removed the interior and dash from our 99Z to have the 10pt cage installed. When I re-hooked the battery something is wrong. I hear a clicking sounds comming from the box that say "Intergrated Body Controll Module" the red light on the top of the dash is flashing, the rear hatch electric latch is clicking, the "securtity" light is flashing in the dash, when I turn the key on all the lights come on, fuel pumps run, the "security" light is still dimmly on, but no start, looks as if the tails and side markers are flashing. I figure it is ALARM related but this is all new to me how do I make it stop, I tried the keypad but the battery may be dead though it reads 3.3v on the meter, I am going to get a new battery. PLEASE someone help out a STUPID newbie to the world of electronic F-Bodys. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think I figured it out, when I pluged the radio back in I did not plug the antena wire in, I pluged it in and everything seems fine. Can not beleve that wire had to be hooked up, what if I wanted to delete the radio in the future what does a guy do?