Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gibson Exhaust Fit?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gibson Exhaust Fit?

I'm thinking about getting a Gibson cat-back for my 02 T/A, but am wondering about fit. I have a Gibson cat-back on my Grand Cherokee and it sounds great and from reading here, people with it have liked it. However, the one on my jeep left much to be desired in way of fit (took some serious tweaking to keep it from touching brake lines and bumper). Wondering what experience people who have this on their 4th gen Trans Ams have had with this system since our bumpers are a bit different than Camaros. Thanks for the help. Oh, and the rest of my exhaust is stock right now

Last edited by Wolf03; 12-02-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked into buying a ta with a gibson once...seemed to fit well, of course i didnt put it on either
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks, hopefully someone who's installed one will chime in. How'd did it sound with the Gibson? Haven't been able to find a sound clip online yet...
Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Hello,

I put a Gibson cat back on my T/A several months ago (the aluminized model, only paid $275 from Jegs!!) and I am very happy with the sound, fit and overall quality. I had LM1, LM2 and Borlamouth and while they all sounded tough on top, they were way too raspy and noisy in normal driving, for me.

I bought the Gibson and have been very pleased with it. It sounds very good at idle (TR224-112) and sounds every bit as good on top versus any of my previous setups. The fit and weld quality was top notch. Buy with confidence. Only thing left for me if I wanted it to be mellower is go back to a catted Y.

Good luck!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gibson Exhaust Fit?