Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot LT install question

Old 12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jet Hot LT install question

I just bought a set of Jet Hot long tubes and was reading some of the posts saying that there was a tab on the block that needed to be grinded off and the k-member needed to be ground down as well. Just wondering where the tab is and where on the k-member to grind. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a set didn't do any grinding on the block at all.. As for the k member there is a small section on the passenger side just about a 1/4 inch needs to be taken out of the lip on the k member. Probably best to get it started up in there and then mark it and take care of the spot it could be different for each car of header pair. Nothing major though
Old 12-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WYATT318MOPAR
I have a set didn't do any grinding on the block at all.. As for the k member there is a small section on the passenger side just about a 1/4 inch needs to be taken out of the lip on the k member. Probably best to get it started up in there and then mark it and take care of the spot it could be different for each car of header pair. Nothing major though
Is anything compromised when you grind on it? Or is it one of those "Eh, I never needed that ************ there anyways." sort of thing?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

i didnt have to do any of that. the passenger side was easy for me went right up in there. but the driver side i jacked the motor up a little bit and forced it in. good luck on the install.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99T/A_Marine
I never needed that ************ there anyways." sort of thing?
Just like that it is really a very small amount of material right on the edge of the k member.

Search this Thread