Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about pplacement of a vacuum line

Old 12-16-2008, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about pplacement of a vacuum line

My engine was disassembled and pulled and when I had it put back in i just had the block and heads installed so i could put everything else back into it. There is one vacuum line that runs along the passenger side of the intake manifold and connects to the intake manifold at the front right behind the throttle body. It also connects to the passenger side head, and runs along the back of the manifold, where does it connect behind the manifold at?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is the PCV System.

It runs along the valve cover, the behind the intake to a Y or split union. I one will go to the rear of the driver side head and the other will return forward under the incoming tube (a short distance) to the passenger valve cover (rear) and insert there.

This has been question before.. if you search you will find picture just like the ones you posted adn showing where the go.

The small tube under that one with your hand on, is the fresh air intake for the crank/Pcv system.

Last edited by bczee; 12-17-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Search this Thread