Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning duals

Just went and picked up an x-pipe with two flowmaster mufflers for $30 bucks and they are a bit rusted. I was planing on powerwashing them then grinding down on some of the sucky welds and then sand blasting them just wondering if there is anything anyone else would suggest? ex. Should I use any kind of soap ,cleaner,or anything of that sort? Can I run water through the piping itself to get some of the dirt out with out hurting anything? Also how would go about paint all of with a black hi temp paint afterward to make it look ok?

Please just tell me what you would try and I will try to get some pics to how the condition of them is?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Take a pressure washer and spray it down real good. Spraying inside the pipe wont hurt anything. Just prep it real good before you paint it, and shoot it with a couple of coats of hi temp paint and that should help keep the rust away
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Alright i'm going to blast the crap out of with sand. Do you have any suggestions of which grit sand paper to use to prep and and everything?