Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bracket for stock y pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bracket for stock y pipe?

I have always noticed that my y pipe hangs lower on my drivers side so when we were taking my cme tips off to be polished yesterday I looked and saw that there is what I think to be a missing bracket on the drivers side. The passenger side has a bracket, but does anyone know where I could find a bracket for the driver's side? I looked on SLP and I didn't see just the bracket, I might contact them as see if nobody knows where I might find one.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been so long since I've messed with a stock exhaust, but I don't remember my car have a brace for the drivers side y-pipe.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Here's a diagram of a stock setup. No brackets on the drivers side. You still running the flat factory pipe. Those things do hang low even though there is plenty of room before it hits the floor.
Attached Thumbnails Bracket for stock y pipe?-exhaust.jpg  
Old 12-24-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

nope no hangar on that side, but im sure you could fab one up over there if you wanted. an exhaust shop should be able to do it pretty easily and cheap.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

If you are talking about the Y-pipe, there is no hanger on the drivers side and it naturally hangs lower. There is however a hanger off the tranny on the passenger side. If you meant your CME, there are two extra hangers holding the CME exhaust (and Dual Dual). You use to be able to buy the kit for about 70 dollars. It comes with stuff you dont need but what ever right.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright thanks guys. I just figured it was lower since it didn't have a bracket. It hangs noticeably lower than the one on my Z did. Its good to know that I'm not missing anything though.

Quick Reply: Bracket for stock y pipe?