Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket intakes

Old 09-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket intakes

are there any LS1 intakes that allow the use of a 4bbl 1000cfm throttle body mounted on top, carb-style?
Old 09-30-2003, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: aftermarket intakes

good idea, but that'd probably be a one off piece.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are going to run a carbed LS1, you should look at the GT-2 Heads GM offers. I think they are for carburated aplications. You will still have to make a manifold but they are supposed to be wicked! One of the Sponsors on the right offers a fabricated short runner LS1 manifold. It is for the Fuel Injected aplications, but I am sure they can get one made for a carberator. Call them and see what they say. I think it was Absolute Speed. Id not I am sure some on here has seen it and can tell you which one to call and ask about having something made for you. Good luck, and sorry to hear you are not going Computer controled.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

We could build you one of those if you wanted one. We do it quite often for turbo small blocks. If you are serious give us a call it would be a custom order piece.

Nate Bonham
Old 10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

are there any LS1 intakes that allow the use of a 4bbl 1000cfm throttle body mounted on top, carb-style?
I hear that the LSX is going to be able to accomodate this setup. The articles I have read have said Comp is considering making interchangable "tops" for the intake and one of the styles mentioned was a carb style mounting pad.Might not ever happen but figured I'd let you know what I heard.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Guys, I heard TPIS already has a cast intake manifold for using a carb on a LS. I read were someone already seen one. So I'll post back as soon as I find more info on it.

Search this Thread