Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side exhaust

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post but has anyone ever seen side exhaust on a camaro? kind of like on rousch mustangs? I hate mustangs but those did look good.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-exhaust.html
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that would sounds pissed!!!! i wish i didn't live in cali
Old 12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Ive seen a few guys do it on here and have it look good IMO but its next to impossible to get it to look as stock and clean as the Roush looks, Only way I could see it being done is using a RS bodykit and modifying the back of the sideskirts to have the pipes comming out
Old 12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haven't seen it done, but FYI if you have plastic center caps (chrome painted) on your wheels, a before the tire exhaust can tarnish the crap out of them. i had a side exitting exhaust on an f150 and i couldn't keep the center caps clean for anything, so be careful when choosing that set up.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen it once on an ls1 camaro. This guy had the exhaust exit right behind the front tires on both sides with four tips. I'm guessing he pretty much had them exiting right off the headers. It was well fabricated and looked badass with no body kit or anything. He throw a rev pulling in and literally ring my ear drums from about 40 ft. Don't know how he had it on because this was in cali too.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already order the new SpinTech oval mufflers and not yet arrive at my front door. Look at that pix. I have not set up. That boom exhaust from NASCAR I bought thru EBay and very cheap $$ bec. it 's discontinued. I will post it after I set-up with SpinTech/Boom.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Teching In

If anyone was interested I have a True Dual Xpipe with side exit exhaust on my 99 camaro, "Had" some great looking tips on it. Driver side is gone. My Car is set up for road racing/street so it is LOW, we are talking 3 in of ground clearance I think, maybe less, half a soda can. Anyway, I am using 2 18in i believe GMMG style chambered mufflers, great for clearance as they are a tad bigger than 3in, with a 2.5 out in case i wanted to run over the axel. Now it sounds great no rasp. However Here are some problems. Biggest if you hit anything and dont have a long piece of steel in your car have fun Either Replacing your tire, as as soon as the exhaust hits your tire your tire is sending it under your tire or even better a rear exit hence why I dont have a Driver side I had to break it off at the muffler to drive the car home. Curbs or fun as are road kill."Damn Raccons." Now I had this exhaust custom made in SS, so its not cheap but 2 chambered mufflers and the Chrome Tips I chose were 150 I think I spent another 150-250 dont quote me on the exhaust material, and another 550 in labor to have it made for my car. And I am trying to redesign it better as when it does exit, With a straight exit even with side skirts you Dont have it going through plastic, hence the redesign with a oval or retangle angle double cut at a 45 to raise the tip up. This is not done yet so cant show you. But if you do decide to do this I would make sure you have something in your car to fix any trouble you may get into 36in or more piece of steel that wont bend, or something to that nature. Its always nice to see your tire Sitting on top of your Exhaust tip. Oh and it may or may not matter, but I have the Xpipe sitting in the gap for the DS loop and its run on both sides of the torque arm.