Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plug and wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default plug and wires

hey guys, i didnt want to buy new plugs and wires but i was getting my headers installed and figured it'd be reall easy to just have him put those in same time while the headers are off so it will basically take a few minutes.

and i hear that everyone uses the NGK tr-55 plugs and MSD wires, but my freind works at advanced autoparts and can get me a discount on what they offer, and all they have is autolite wires for like 45 bucks, and NGK platinium plugs and those are only like a couple bucks each so I can get like a 20% discount on top of that. SO how much do ngk tr-55's cost and the msd wires and where to get them. Also whats the performance difference between these two is it worth for me to not even get the discount and go get the tr55's and the msd wires or is it very minimal just stands ahead if you test it toe to toe but wouldnt notice it much driving, thanks alot
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1415

that site also has the iridium version of the plugs, just need to order the plugs and wires separate instead of as a combo
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

probably won't notice it driving. but if you're gonna pay 45 for wires then 20 for plugs you might as well just go for MSD's and NGK's. i just recieved mine today. i ordered them from ccperformanceparts.com for $68 shipped.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't think one brand of plug wires is going to give you 10 hp versus another. Some have more resistance than others, but it's the quality of construction and reliability that count most. MSD's are great for headers because they're bendable and really well made. I wouldn't use Autolites or any other auto store bargain shelf item.

The $68 deal from ccperformance is good because the MSD's typically cost close to that by themselves.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Launching!

oh wow, that is a goood deal lol... now is it alot easier to change plugs while doing a header install and should i buy them now b4 i go get them installed, or does it not make a difference? thanks again
Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

do them when you do headers. you can't even see the last plug with manifolds/headers on. almost impossible to change with em on.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running the big ol 10.5mm Thunderbolt wires..but only cause I got them for free. Before that I had AutoZone special.