Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LT install-a couple of pics + Beforere/After video

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My LT install-a couple of pics + Beforere/After video

A couple weeks ago i installed my Pacesetter LT's with the TSP Y pipe, with poly motor mounts and plugs/wires. I also only got rid of the EGR it was more of the on the spot thing. Let me know what you think.

Before-Cold start on a 10 degree day

After-Cold start on a 20 degree day

I seem to have lost my pics of them installed i will post them tomorrow i will retake some...
Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounded great before and only got louder which is a good thing to me. Is that a magnaflow CB? How well did they fit any issues? Im about to buy the exact same thing.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Banned

Sounds damn good to me
Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

yes it is the magnaflow CB with pacesetter coated LT's and the texas speed Catted y pipe. It fit in great and i am happy with it, But it honestly is to quite at idle, for my taste, The tone is perfect but it just is not quite as loud as i like, so i am trying to find a true dual set up with some type of chambered exhaust and maybe no cats...
Old 01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

sounds better. i remember when i put mine on. alot of difference! i would probaly get those tips tucked back under that bumper a little more.but thats me,if you like it thats cool.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Launching!

im doing the same install as we speak i got the old manifolds out and now im doing the poly mounts any tips or tricks for the headers?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

congrats man!

i gotta say though... that y-pipe design looks horrid...
Old 01-05-2009, 01:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by racerfox
im doing the same install as we speak i got the old manifolds out and now im doing the poly mounts any tips or tricks for the headers?
yes becareful not to crunch your oil filter and becarful not to over tighten your plugs and crack one of them.cuz youll know it when you do.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
sounds better. i remember when i put mine on. alot of difference! i would probaly get those tips tucked back under that bumper a little more.but thats me,if you like it thats cool.
The tips were tucked at the same distance as the bumper if you were right at the rear of the car looking down you would not see them but from installing them i think i pushed my catback back a little bit.... I plan on fixing that once i get home from visiting my family in CT.

m doing the same install as we speak i got the old manifolds out and now im doing the poly mounts any tips or tricks for the headers
I had help with a fellow member on here and he did the motor mounts for me, they were a pain in the *** they took a good amount of time, when we put the LONG bolt that slides through the middle of the rubber/poly mount we flipped it around so it was easier to install, be patient it took longer than i would of thought, and the headers well he had a pit (removable floor) so they kinda just slipped right in and out with out that much trouble

congrats man!

i gotta say though... that y-pipe design looks horrid...
I think i am going to gut out my cats(my area just does a visual) and have a x pipe with true duals welded in the y pipe is not as bad in person i am pretty happy with it, its not a flowmaster merge by no means but i would have to say i am very happy with it
Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a magnaflow cat back to. im waiting for everything you ordered to come in minus the motor mounts. how long did it take you to do the install without including the motor mount time? any tips for the install
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

it would of been 4 with out motor mounts 6 with... I would do motor mounts if i were you if you do them at another time it will be another 6 hour job a head of you instead of a 1-2 hour job now. My headers slid right in and out with out any trouble i removed the egr, some of the air hoses and the coil packs and that was it.
I noticed a huge difference from my rubbers to my Poly mounts, i would suggest doing them i got mine from summit for 45$ for a set of prothanes.
but when i installed them i just removed the dipstick, EGR, some AIR hoses, and the coil packs and they slid right in with no problems..
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Launching!

yea thoese motor mounts are a bitch putting in headers now hope to be done to night i did every thing you have done + take out ac compressor and ac lines
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
i would have to say i am very happy with it
and that's all that matters!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

sounds good