Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer Guage - Air/Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Autometer Guage - Air/Fuel

hey guys... I'm trying to figure out why my autometer guage isn't working... I purchased a pigtail... put it on my 02 sensor extension, soldered it, wrapped it in heat shrink... and I'm not getting any signal...

this is the guage I have... I know it's not a wideband, and it's pretty much a light show, but I figured I have it, might as well hook it up...

anybody have any ideas? I've got the power, and ground connected... the guage lights up blue... but the LED sweep is what's not working
Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you probably tapped the wrong wire

im just going off my memory which is not the best but im thinking its the green wire

someone had installed one on my car already when i bought it and yes, its a light show in closed loop but it would lock in open loop

if you can somehow verify your wot a/f ratio then you can make a visual point on the gauge where that ratio is ... it might be a decent tool to detect if you go lean like on spray or something

i now have a wideband
Old 01-04-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

it's a possibility... but I'm pretty sure I got the right one... mine was a purpleish/pinkish color...
Old 01-04-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you talking about the wire on the o2 wire itself right?

previous owner of my car tapped the wire at the sensor itself on the front driver side
Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Full-Force
you talking about the wire on the o2 wire itself right?

previous owner of my car tapped the wire at the sensor itself on the front driver side
no... i'm talking about the guage wire... if you click on the link I posted in my first post of the pigtail, there was no tapping in of the o2 sensor needed...
Old 01-05-2009, 12:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm ive never seen that pig tale. but its a good idea, anyway i ran my signal wire to the computer under the hood. an autometer tech guy told me that,its a purple wire theres alot of purple wires,and i would go and get the number off the wire but its 12 degrees and very dark out.but in the morning ill post it for you.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
hmmm ive never seen that pig tale. but its a good idea, anyway i ran my signal wire to the computer under the hood. an autometer tech guy told me that,its a purple wire theres alot of purple wires,and i would go and get the number off the wire but its 12 degrees and very dark out.but in the morning ill post it for you.
please do
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Man I have had those in two blower cars that I have owned and they are just for looks. They never read right. It puts on a good light show though.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Man I have had those in two blower cars that I have owned and they are just for looks. They never read right. It puts on a good light show though.
yea... so I've heard... eventually I'm gonna upgrade to one of those EDO widebands
Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

ttt...
Old 01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I have also ran one of them and it was the purple wire on my 3800 S/C (L67).

Do youself a favor like I did sell it on ebay.... and get a wideband from auto meter so you can see the exact fuel/Air ratio pretty spendy but puts your mind at ease knowing the right reading. Better being a little rich than lean.