Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about yell terra roller rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question about yell terra roller rockers?

i have a 2000 M6 Z28 LS1 camaro. i was told that the Yella Terra
non-adjustable roller rockers are better than Harland non-adjustable roller rockers in terms of performance (maybe because the Yella Terra rockers are lighter than Harland rockers) .

my question is are the Yella Terra rockers that each two rockers are tied toghether as the Harland rockers?

any one one can provide pics for Yella Terra rockers (showing each 2 rockers are tied together) for the LS1 engine?

thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they are.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Abdullah
i have a 2000 M6 Z28 LS1 camaro. i was told that the Yella Terra
non-adjustable roller rockers are better than Harland non-adjustable roller rockers in terms of performance (maybe because the Yella Terra rockers are lighter than Harland rockers) .

my question is are the Yella Terra rockers that each two rockers are tied toghether as the Harland rockers?

any one one can provide pics for Yella Terra rockers (showing each 2 rockers are tied together) for the LS1 engine?

thanks.
Why use aftermarker roller non-adjustable rockers on an LS engine when the stock non-roller rockers are stiffer, lighter, have a lower Moment Of Inertia (MOI) and are cheaper even with the rebearing mod by HS? Roller rockers require more valve spring to control the system just because they are heavier, less stiff and have a higher MOI. They really need stiffer pushrods also, but that a good idea for any LS engine.

Roller tips are not necessarily better than non-roller tips. There are LS engines twisting 7800+ with stock rockers and HR cams, and living long lives.

My $.02.

Jon
Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the stock rocker myself, but some heads require you use an aftermarket rocker.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the replies and thanks for the pic.

i will go with 1.7 Yella Terra non-adjustable roller rockers because i have a touched up TFS LS1 215cc heads from Raymac Racing engines that i want to install later and they need roller rockers to be used with them.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:05 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new era had the best price when i got them. sponsor, and free shipping.
good luck.