Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble on header install.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble on header install.

Ok I took my SLP LT's off and installed my new Kooks 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" steped headers. But now I have a problem I move the steering bar that comes from the wheel up into the sleeve it is sticking out about 2-3"s still but I can not get it the rest of the way out.it just won't come. If i pull it it comes alittle but goes right back. Is there someting I need to do to get this back out?? I am so lost I have tried prying it out but nothing.

Thanks,

Darrell
Old 10-01-2003, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Trouble on header install.

I'm kinda confused by your explanation but here goes. If you're trying to get the steering shaft back on....slide it on the top, past where it needs to be then slide the bottom piece on. You can't put the bottom on first. Hope that helps.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Trouble on header install.

The shaft that goes into the firewall was stuck it the tube and would not come out. I remove the steering column and was able to grip it better that way came out with ease. I think I am just to skinny and weak for some things. No big deal.

I finished it all up and started the car open header no leaks thus far. I am still fabricating the x pipe. So we will see.

PS: Do you think you could reply with some install tips on those pumps. And wiring directions if you remember how.

Thanks,
Darrell