Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intakes swap question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intakes swap question

OK guys, I'm doing some heavy modding to my 2000 z28 in February and the first thing to swap out is going to be the intake. I'm going from the typical LS1 intake to a polished typhoon 85mm intake and possibly throttle body. My question is about the EGR(maybe?) tube that goes into the LS1 intake behind the throttle body. The typhoon intake doesn't have a spot for this tube. I'm sure you guys know what to do in this scenario. Any tips?

And also, I'm removing the stock grille in the front and I haven't decided if I just want to delete it yet or or put a billet grille in its place. Either way, I was trying to get it off earlier and I was having trouble. I popped out the sides, but no matter how hard I pulled I couldn't get it out of the top like all the instructions say and I'm scared to pull it too hard because I don't want to break it or mess anything up.

Again, thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails Intakes swap question-intake009.jpg   Intakes swap question-ppc350233.jpg  
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

remove EGR and install a blockoff plate on the exhaust manifold. u can get a plate from texasautocraft.com or speedinc. will throw a code but doesnt hurt anything

as for the grill, u have to be quite firm with it. i removed mine and it was a lil pain but eventually got it
Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nemss1
remove EGR and install a blockoff plate on the exhaust manifold. u can get a plate from texasautocraft.com or speedinc. will throw a code but doesnt hurt anything

as for the grill, u have to be quite firm with it. i removed mine and it was a lil pain but eventually got it
When you say remove the EGR, do you mean the entire EGR system or just the tube going into the intake? I think my dad would throw a cow if I removed all the EGR system. I might be able to though.

Also, I was reading on here that I might not get any gains unless I have a nice cam/head setup. I plan on getting a good cam, but is that true?

Again, thanks