Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech Supermaxx system reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatech Supermaxx system reviews

Looking to get some feedback from those who have this header and catted y pipe system.. how was install, fitment and performance? Thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't have it, but have heard good things...
Old 01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Install was not as bad as other LT's. Fit is really good . I'll need to fix my Y pipe as it hits at WOT but as performance it really woke the car up. I have a magnaflow catback and while it is not excessively loud it has a nice sound. Kinda on the high price side compared to other ones but well worth the money. All in all I've been very satisfied no problems since I've had the on about 6 months now but i plan on installling a cut out in the future.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had the system that you described for over three years now.It was very easy to install,no fittment issues at all.Yeah, it wasn't the cheapest out there, but you get what you pay for (or at least thats what I've always heard).Welded in the cut out also.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good..I'm looking at a set now for under $1,400.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Teching In

As sasquatch said, I also had the Y-pipe bumping the floor beam under heavy acceleration. Some guys do and some don't. I think it depends on how high you try to mount the Y-pipe to the car. My car is lowered nearly 2 inches so I went aggressive on tucking the system to the floor as tight as possible. After dealing with the bumping for about a year I decided to cut the floor beam where the system was contacting and weld in a C-notch for clearance. No more problem for me.

And to add, the system went in just fine and I installed it with a MagnaFlow after-cat exhaust system. Mellow tone until the throttle is mashed then the system really sounds good. You can hold a conversation in the car and listen to the stereo at the same time. The system has been in place nearly 4 years now.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

I ordered it with the cats and was very pleased with its construction, quality, and with the engineering; however, I was a little dismayed that the Y pipe was only 2.5” in diameter and I thought the Y- merge could have been somewhat smoother. I’ve done many bolt-on’s and wanted a 3” diameter Y. At that point I discovered the ARH headers and catted – Y. I contacted the place I bought the Dynatech system and they allowed me to return it for full value (hadn’t been installed yet) and the cost of shipping.
I am more pleased with the ARH system and it was only about $60 bucks more. Just my two cents worth….
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

This is a very nice system and has held up very well the few years I have had it. I ended up ditching the cats and Y pipe and made a custom 3" true dual system for it. I did also delete all the egr stuff and weld it up.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

Been running with these headers for a year or so, nice install and fit. I'm running them with the cats and Corsa cat-back exhaust, sounds great imo.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Supermaxx system reviews