Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp tuned length headers...removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slp tuned length headers...removal?

ok heres the deal... im doing heads/cam and i figured i might get rid of these old headers for some arh's. i have the heads removed intake removed and i need to take these headers out now but i can't see any easy way. most other brands should just drop out, so does anybody have any tips/advice who has done this before- it looks like its gonna suck
Old 01-11-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had these a long time ago. I know at least on one side the motor needed to be jacked up (so I guess the motor mount would have to be unbolted). I started to do it it myself but with limited tools and no car lift I had to have it towed to a shop. So if you get the car high enough and can lift the motor slightly, it's probably not that big a deal. Just difficult w/o the proper lift equipment.

Got to love the great ground clearance you get with those things.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i was reading a previous post that said u needed to move the trans but since i already have the heads off it lookes like i just need a little bit more room on each side...i'll keep u posted maybe i'll just cut them out. i don't even think i can get $50 for them
Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

You will need to take the trans mount loose. the motor mounts do NOT need to be loosened or removed. once the trans mount is loose. you will need to slide the trans from side to side to alow removal of each side. The oil filter needs to come off also.