Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat-back/ Cam combo

Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat-back/ Cam combo

There are alot of different cat-backs out there to choose from and I need some help picking one that it right for me.

I just got these beauties.

ooooo shiny!

I am looking for a cat-back that wont drown out the beautiful lope of a cam. I made the mistake on my last car of adding two magnaflows in place of my spintechs, though it sounded amazing, at idle I could barely hear my cam. I don't want to make that mistake again.

Loud and obnoxious is welcome.
Minimal drone please.
A little rasp is welcome too, just not a lot.

Any help is appreciated, or just throw in your two cents, whatever I am here to have a good time.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my hooker catback its "kinda, lol" quiet at idle and 1500 rpm crusing but screams at WOT. Its cheap and one of the best flowing CB's too. Also there is no question that I have a cam and a blower under the hood at idle with this CB.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
I love my hooker catback its "kinda, lol" quiet at idle and 1500 rpm crusing but screams at WOT. Its cheap and one of the best flowing CB's too. Also there is no question that I have a cam and a blower under the hood at idle with this CB.
Excellent. I was considering hooker actually.

Anyone else?

Hows LM2? I hear very little about that cat-back.

Search this Thread