Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 questions lq4

Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 6.0 questions lq4

just bought a 6.0, I heard the intake is nearly as good as a ls6 and better than the ls1 so i plan to keep it, can i go with a larger tb. also i want to run headers but the exh man has that little tube that runs to some sensor can that be remove or plugged. I know i have to ship the harness off for modification will this eliminate the o2 sensors. I need help guys im going to put this lq4 and 4l80e into a 68 swb truck, my goal is 450hp on the motor and im hopeing to get there with a tune, headers, cam/springs. I need to figure out what to do for fuel i was thinking of buying a ls car tank and installing it, a blazer tank modded with an electric fule pump would be a hot ticket but i don't know how hard that would be to pull off. only good thing i got going for me is that i live 20 mi from texas speed and scoggin dickey performance please let me know what grimilins to watch for. they sent me the motor mounts but no saddels guess ill have to fab some..
Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i understood the intake doesnt flow well above 5500 rpm. this is out of a truck right? i assume that b/c you say lq4. gobs of low end torque would be the only benifit from what i'm thinking.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your getting headers, then the little tube on your manifolds will be gone if you get the race version LT's...

you can go with a larger throttle body... you might wanna think about a 92/92 setup...

I've got an LQ4 making close to 450... click on my website in my sig for full mod list...
Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a call. We can get you set up for your whole project. It will be no problem making 450 hp with the stock engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.0 questions lq4