Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Belt issue

I hadn't driven my car in a while and thought I'd give it a run today. So last night I took it and filled it up with gas, I didn't beat on it in the slightest going to or from home.

I get in the car this morning start it up and as see some/these problems (check gauge light, no power steering, wide band wasn't giving a reading etc..) as I'am pulling out of the garage, I stop. I get out and see the belt on the floor.

What the hell could of caused this? I'am in FL, the temperature has changed dramatically, but I doubt thats the reason. My belt has been known to come off in the past but thats only when I have the motor under a load.

I have not checked the pullies or bolts etc... yet but I think just due to the history I've had with this re-occurring problem I'm going to order a belt tensioner from Katech.

Can someone give me some input please to what could be causing this?

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Hmm, kinda random, if its happened in the past are you sure all of the pulleys are in alignment?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

do you have an underdrive pulley, and if so which one?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sman
Hmm, kinda random, if its happened in the past are you sure all of the pulleys are in alignment?
I'am going to have to check. After talking with Texas Speed, Jon and I discussed this.

Originally Posted by casca2001
do you have an underdrive pulley, and if so which one?
I have all stock pulleys.

I ordered a belt tensioner from Texas Speed and with looking at the alignment and other things I will hopefully will resolve this problem.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

I would tend to agree with sman.....is there any belt dust under the hood around the engine bay??