Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about header installe

Old 10-06-2003, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about header installe

I just got my ls1 this past saturday, and am getting flp long tubes in the begining of November. Now I have a simple question. How hard is the install? Will I need a lift, or will a jack and jack stands work? Also how long is the typical install for someone who has never worked on an ls1?

I will also be putting on my gmmg exhaust at the same time.

Fry
Old 10-06-2003, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: question about header installe

you can do it on jackstands but get it as high as possible. The higher the better. Typical install time for a newbie would be around 8-10 hrs I think. Hell it took me that long on my 2nd header install but I work so damn slow.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well my buddy that will help me (unfortunatly is a ford guy) is a wiz at cars. He has built a 66 gt from the ground up, and I am sure a header and exhaust install will be a joke for him. I plan to do most of the work with him mainly helping out and giving pointers here and there. Thanks for the input MikeK.

Fry
Old 10-06-2003, 09:09 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

height is the KEY,i havent heard much clearance problems with flp's so thats good. it took me 3 days to do mine, i took my time and i had to wait until i got a grinder to grind down part of the block tab for the driver side header. also the gm oem gaskets are best to use.

good luck with the install and you'll notice a nice gain in the top end pull

Search this Thread