Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to Vent?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to Vent?

I am installing new CF Valve covers with no vents on the passenger side cover. I got the PCV problem solved and will install new LS6 Valley cover. What is the answer for the line coming off the Throttle body to the front vent. What do I need to do?
Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

If your refering to the one that goes from tb to the valve coverall it does is deverts some incoming air into the engine to help with the pcv.I didn't like the looks of the pipe sticking out with a cap on it so I cut it off and filled it with JB weld then sanded and filed it after it set up.A dust cap will cap it.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CarnivorWS.6-01
I am installing new CF Valve covers with no vents on the passenger side cover. I got the PCV problem solved and will install new LS6 Valley cover. What is the answer for the line coming off the Throttle body to the front vent. What do I need to do?
This is the fresh air side of the PCV system and is required for the PCV system to function correctly.

This is one reason I don't like the CF valve covers on the market. You could install one of these in one cover and use an AN fitting to adapt and connect to the TB.

Here's a good thread discussing PCV routing and catch cans.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html
Old 02-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Good idea on the fitting. I like the looks of the CF covers but I hate to spend the money and then drill a HOLE in them
Old 02-01-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CarnivorWS.6-01
Good idea on the fitting. I like the looks of the CF covers but I hate to spend the money and then drill a HOLE in them
I understand, but if you need it you need it. Not much way around it unless you just vent your crankcase to atmosphere and delete the PCV system. You could run an after market vacuum pump system but that would require even more holes that are larger in diameter.