Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True dual

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP True dual

Hello all. I am patiently waiting the arrival of my tax return so that I can continue to mod my car. You can see the current mods in my sig, just basic bolt ons.
I Purchased some Race style QTP's, I plan on Deleating the AIR system, Getting new solid motor mounts and transmission mount and think I have changed my mind about exhaust ideas. I was going to go with just a ORY and bolt it up to the Magnaflow Catback but I have been searching for that classic Muscle car sound and I have made my mind up that Im never going to achive that sound with a catback. So I plan on getting the True dual setup from TSP with the 18" Sweet thunders. I have a WS6 so It will look like crap Dummped(this is just my opinion).
I Want to eventually extend them to the rear over the axle So I will probably reduce down to 2.5" before the axle and I would like to put 2 more Sweet thunders where the stock muffler goes so it will kind of look like a GMMG to give you a idea of what Im talking about. Does anyone have pics of the TSP true dual exhaust extended out the back? I have used search and have seen 2 or 3 pics on here but know there has to be more than that. So Post up your TSP True Duals extended to the rear. Thanks guys.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is a pic
I found on here. Dont know who's car it is off of but I am wanting to do something like this.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

that a pretty sweet set-up there i would like to see what that sounds like
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah me too.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have sweet thunders on my car right now, just tacked it up today, going to finish the install tomorrow, cant wait, should sound sick. good choice.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

thats a cool setup, i want to know more about this...subscribing
Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well today I went to a recommended exhaust shop to talk about extending the duals out the back once I get them installed and all I got was nothing but frustration. Im tired of hearing it cant be done, your car wasnt designed for duals, its way too exspensive, etc. Excuses, Excuses, Excuses. Thats all it is and Im tired of it. Either you dont have the knowledge to do it or you are too much of a lazy *** and thats why they quote outrageous prices for extending duals out the rear.
I went to the shop and talked with a guy and he told me the car was designed for 1 pipe to go over the passenger side axle and that 2 3" pipes will not fit. I then asked if 2 2.5" pipes would be a better fit and he just looked at me like I was stupid and said the reason it cant be done is the panhard bar. I just shook my head and walked out. I called back and talked with another guy and asked about going under the axle and he said that it wouldnt look good and then quoted me a price of about $1000 to get what I wanted.
I now understand your guys frustration when talking with guys at exhaust shops about what you want. How come they always try to tell you what you want rather than listen to what you are saying. I guess I can just get the TSP dual kit and then when I do eventually find a shop that will do the work I want I can get it extended at a later time. Im in the vegas area if anyone knows of a exhaust shop that will do what I want. I already have the shop thats going to install the headers and do some other work for me I just need a exhaust shop that will extend the duals to the rear without cutting my head off with a outrageous price.
Amongst all the frustration I was contemplating just sticking with a ORY but Im just going to be wasting money trying to achive the sound I want. The only way to get it is with a true dual setup and damnit thats what I want. Sorry about my Rant just needed to get it off my chest its been bugging me all day.

~Later guys~
Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^you would need the panhard bar relocation bracket
Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

but not to go under the axle. They even said thats not possible. I have seen several pics on this site alone that have under the axle setups and it looks pretty good to me from the rear.

So even with 2.5" you need the panhard bar relocation bracket?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm. Sounds like you need to find a better exhaust shop. One of my local ones made my over the axle for like $350, and they made the guy I bought mine from over the axle duals for his T/A for a similar price.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

^I know, they are trying to rape me. I am going to find another place and take them pics.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya with trans am's under the axle is not bad but on camaros it looks bad

you might have to find a speed shop around you they will prob do it look in the phone book
Old 02-12-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

even for a 2.5" pipe, i would think that you would still need to get the panhard relocation bar, what i would do is look up pictures of the bassani kit and mimic that, thats still true dual, but both are other the axle on the passenger side.

there is no way id pay $1000 for that extension though, i barely have that in the entire exhaust (catback, headers, ORY AND cutouts)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^man that cheap compared to my setup lol
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just did it myself, spent about 7 hours today fitting it and welding it. but i have a workshop with a lift and welder. i would let you borrow my lift and welder for 100 bucks lol. jp.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wish i had a hookup like that.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

I am going to be buying the TSP dual kit soon to be paired with my pacesetter LT's. Can't wait.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I got a surprise today. It wasnt at all what I expected but I am very grateful. My wife surprised me with a reciept from WS6 store. It was a QTP ORY, and the Prothane engine and transmission mounts. She didnt know that I wanted a true dual setup, oh well I guess I should be happy that I have a wife that pays attention enough to me to know what parts I need car. Thanks BABE!

Anyway I guess it wasnt meant for me to have a dual setup. Thats ok though Im not upset, I have a great sounding catback and it will support more horsepower than I will probably ever produce.

Maybe when I put that 572 in my engine bay I might get duals.......hahaha that will be the day. I wish I could get that beast of a motor.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:54 AM
12 Second Club

Do you mean something like this?

Here's a link to the album if you just wanna browse them.

I had a buddy do this on his back in his garage for like $300 labor.
Tell the guys at your shop to try harder.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the pics. Well thats what I did want but the wife surprised me and bought a y-pipe that will bolt right up to the magnaflow catback. I will probably run it this way until I get some major power adders, ie turbo, supercharger. This is in the plans folks just have to wait for the end of the year bonus at my job. Damn 11 more months of waiting a dreaming. lol

Quick Reply: TSP True dual