Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure problem?

Due to a recent knock in my engine I looked at the pushrods and rocker arms and realized one of rocker arm bearings was shattered. I replaced the rocker arm and while doing so I replaced the gaskets in my intake because they were lookin' pretty bad. I still have a knock, but it fades in and out. I'm guessing I broke the oil pressure sending unit when I put in the intake manifold. But will the broken oil pressure sending unit cause oil not to travel correctly? I'm thinking oil isn't properly getting to my new rocker arm area causing the fading knock. Please help!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Does any1 even know?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Teching In

does it fade in and out as you drive? or is it just at start up? or what? if its just at start up, its more then likely your oil pickup's filter clogged with gunk.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No a broken oil pressure sending unit would not keep the oil from flowing properly, all the OSU does is measure the pressure and send an electrical signal to the guage to display the pressure. What kind of a knock are we talking about here? Is it a true knock or a tapping sound? Possibly be a lifter collapsed? Really hard to diagnose without being able to hear the noise.