Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THEROMOSTAT REMOVEL

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default THEROMOSTAT REMOVEL

Hello some DUDE TOLD ME TO JUST TAKE OFF THE THEMOSTAT COMPLETLY.IS THIS A GOOD IDEA.OR Should i install a after market one THANKS
Old 10-11-2003, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: THEROMOSTAT REMOVEL

do not take it off completly
you can put a shim in your stock one to make it open whenever you want or just buy a 160stat and put it in which is what i did.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:22 AM
TECH Resident

Hello some DUDE TOLD ME TO JUST TAKE OFF THE THEMOSTAT COMPLETLY.IS THIS A GOOD IDEA.OR Should i install a after market one THANKS
Depending on where you live this can be done. If it was warm year round this is something that can be done. If it is not however I wouldn't do this. Being warm year round you can effectively let your fans control the temperature of your cooling system. If it is too cold your car may never reach the optimum range because it is always flowing and cooling the engine. I have read some people claiming that "if coolant goes to fast it will lose its ability to cool properly". I have yet to see any prove of this, although I am pretty lazy and it is probably out there somewhere. If heat soaked intakes can effect intake air temp., then coolant flowing at way less than half the intake air speed should effectively be cooled by the radiator.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:02 AM
11 Second Club

I live in hawaii were it is warm year round.Should i buy a aftermarket stat.Or just trash theM?