Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gains from 1 inch carb spacer for Victor Jr. intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gains from 1 inch carb spacer for Victor Jr. intake?

Has anyone tried out a 1 inch open carb spacer on their single plane intakes? If it works for a carb setup i would think a EFI setup could benifit also I was told 10rwhp at most with a spacer.....10rwhp for $35=

Seriously though if i can gain a half tenth and some mph for the cost of the spacer i would be happy. I'm almost maxed out on the engine for now and besides pulling weight back off the car i have very little left to do.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Has anyone tried out a 1 inch open carb spacer on their single plane intakes? If it works for a carb setup i would think a EFI setup could benifit also I was told 10rwhp at most with a spacer.....10rwhp for $35=

Seriously though if i can gain a half tenth and some mph for the cost of the spacer i would be happy. I'm almost maxed out on the engine for now and besides pulling weight back off the car i have very little left to do.
theoretically it should work, you are increasing plenum volume, but who knows, go ahead and try and let us know!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
theoretically it should work, you are increasing plenum volume, but who knows, go ahead and try and let us know!
HAHAHA! after i seen all the views i started thinking i might have to be the test mule that finds out. I'll probably give it a try and see what happens
Old 02-17-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy got 12hp on an engine dyno by adding a 1" spacer to his big block ford. it made something like 705 after adding the spacer...absolutely no other changes.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But will it fit under the cowl? What elbow are you using?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

My low profile edelbrock elbow will not fit under the stock cowl. I had to notch out my sunoco hood to get it to close I have enough clerance for the 1 inch spacer with my hood.

Pictures are on my webpage.

Quick Reply: Gains from 1 inch carb spacer for Victor Jr. intake?