Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front o2's are long enough to fit my ass!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front o2's are long enough to fit my ***!!!

I was told by the guy at jet hot the the front O2 wires would be long enough to fit with out extensions. He said you might have to pull them out of the loom, mabye rerun them through the engine to make them work. Well the only way they are gonna work is if I start at the PCM and pull out the wires that go to the O2's and completly rerun them from the PCM! Dam he didnt make it seem that hard. But I orded the extensions any way and just havent got them in yet. I had to leave the car at the shop. Just thouht I would let everyone know.

peace,justin
Old 10-12-2003, 04:07 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Front o2's are long enough to fit my ***!!!

"I was told by the guy at jet hot the the front O2 wires would be long enough to fit with out extensions. He said you might have to pull them out of the loom, mabye rerun them through the engine to make them work. "
I hope that you are not displaying your anger towards someone for telling the truth. I have read several threads about people trying that route and once realizing, like you did how difficult it could get, they sprang for the extensions. It seems to me that other people have already stated this same problem and the majority said the hassle is not worth it. If anything I would be mad at myself for cutting corners and finally hitting a curb. Maybe you should have sprung for Hooker LT's, they come with extensions. I think however, after you get your car fired up and running you will forget all about this little problem and you will be fully satisfied that you did not throw your money away on expensive LT's. Hope your car is not down to long, I can't stand setbacks.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

I installed a set of jet hots when they first come out on a friends car and was told the same thing. Had to buy extenders cause it wasn't even in the ball game. That and the headers fit like ****. The newer sets are supposed to fit much better though. Very happy with my Hookers!
Old 10-12-2003, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

NO im not pissed at the guy at jet hot. I just wish he would have made it sound as hard as it was going to be. And I did order the extensions last week but they just didnt come in yet so I was going to try and do it with out.

,justin
Old 10-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Chillax.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

My friend didn't have any extensions so we cut and added wire. Worked pretty good. If I didn't already order my extensions, I would have done the same.