Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got true duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got true duals

I went to a local exhaust shop the other day, and the owner built me up a set of custom true duals. Man, does it sound nice. We dumped 'em right before the axle, and I LOVE it. It's pretty freakin loud, but I have NO rasp anymore. We used the little 1 chamber mini flowmaster racing mufflers.

The only problem, is that my car feels a little slower now. I guess I'll have to test it out at the track and see if it really is.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Finally got true duals

Did you keep the cats on it or leave it straight and do you have headers? What size of pipe did you use? Also do you have any internals done? I know if you have true duals and no cats you will loose a lil off the line but gain it back in top end hp. I would worry about it because I dought you done with the machine yet???

Scott
Old 10-12-2003, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

I have no cats, and yes, I have long tubes. The only thing disturbing flow are the mini mufflers. We used 2 1/2 inch pipe.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Do u have a x pipe or any type of balncer?I also put true dual exhaust.IT made me go little slower.I didnt cut out my cats cause i am going to wait until i get headers.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

well with not many mods its not gonna help you out, especially without cats. When you get some internals done like head and cam work then thats another story. Once you get all that done, the object is to get that exhaust OUT as fast and possible. Its not a big deal, remember it pretty much evens out because yes you loose low end torque but gain high end HP.

Scott
Old 10-12-2003, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I'm hoping that it will help me a little while I'm on the bottle. Although, power wasn't my concern. I just wanted to get rid of the rasp, and it worked, thank God.

9833211- no, I don't have an x-pipe. It just goes strait back from the headers.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Launching!

well after my h/c swap at first all i had on there were RT cats and thats it..and with the addition of 3" pipe alway back plus a 3" x pipe and 2 3" flowmasters i did loose about .3 tenths thru the 1/8 .. but on the positive side it was much smoother after the exhaust was finished..but still loud as hell