Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulley Question

Well I got my wife's pulley off finally after fighting with it for a little while. Once off I noticed that one of the little prong areas in the back where the pulley puller attaches had broken off. I have heard that these are balanced pulley's. So, my question is do I have to have that pulley re-balanced and reinstalled on the car or can I have a pulley from another car installed in place of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to have the car started back up again by Monday evening if at all possible.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Pulley Question

You can use one from another car because they are not keyed, meaning they are balanced independantly from the engine. I'm sure someone will sell you a stock pulley cheap. You could have mine, but I'm sure the shipping cost to Sin City would be a killer!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Pulley Question

Cal, thanks for the response! I needed to know so I could finish the install. I already have someone over here to get one from I just needed the info that you just gave me. So thanks again!!!