Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker Long Tube Install for LS6 packge SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker Long Tube Install for LS6 packge SS

Ok so Im not new to the world of installing parts. But i just wnted to get this down to an exact science before I screwanthing up. I have a 2001 SS with ls6 intake and I did the vin check so I also have the LS6 block. Now I have no EGR and the long tubes I bought were for 00-02 camaros. SHould I just cap off the EGR port or are there long tubes made for LS6 camaros. Im installing eveything this coming weekend. I have all the tools you could possibly need air tools and all. How long will tis take and what do i need else I heard about o2 extenders and heat wrap for the passenger side wires. Somebody fill me in. on the steps. Thanks Mark
Old 10-14-2003, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Hooker Long Tube Install for LS6 packge SS

FYI, all '01 & '02 f-bods got the LS6 intake and from what I understand, the only way to know about the LS6 block is to physically look. You can't tell by the VIN, only the serial #.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Hooker Long Tube Install for LS6 packge SS

What he said, you will need o2 extension and you can just blockoff the EGR fitting. BTW, if it has an EGR fitting they are probably 98-00 headers. Also... everything that bolts onto an LS1 block fits on an LS6 block (if you have one) So no point referring to it as an LS6, gives people the impression you have an LS6 engine--in which case people may suggest different mods