Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got some questions, pleae help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some questions, pleae help!

Ok first off, what air induction setup should i use? I have an airbox lid, should i keep thata nd get the airbox lifters or what? I also have a K&N cold air package, which should i use? Ive heard the box is better because it directs the airflow but im not certain. Also i am hearing a noise from what sounds like one of my pulleys, i tried cleaning them off and its still there, it started out as a squeak and know it sounds almost like a bad bearing would sound. Last thing if you guys dont mind, i have a 160 degree thermo and my gauge stays at about 205-209 is that normal? I hear guys running at around 170-185. But anyway main thing is the air induction issue, im gonna take my car to the dealer i think for the pulley noise. Thnaks for all your help guys!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: got some questions, pleae help!

The year of your car is not listed but I am guessing '99-'02. Those years have a dummy guage that is way off, use a scan tool and you may be surprised. Also you did not mention if you reprogrammed your fans, it is important to do this b/c the thermo would be pointless if you were not cooling the system while it is flowing.

The next issue about the intake, I would personally use the lid(I am). The lid as you have said directs the air. In conjunction with the lid I would either do the free ram air or get an after market ramair/coldair kit. This will help the effect of a lid directing cool air into your intake tract.

The squeaky sound could be your tensioner. I have read a few posts about needing to replace the stock one b/c of failure. Although at least one of those was by a forced induction engine(different pulley stresses)