Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVAP question - what activates the selenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default EVAP question - what activates the selenoid?

What turns the EVAP purge selenoid on and off?? I know it's the computer that does it, but does the computer get a reading from a sensor somewhere or what?

In order to have the EVAP system work correctly, do I need to run the donor car's (1999 Corvette) charcoal canister, or vapor collector canister (by the fuel tank)?

Last edited by FastKat; 03-12-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TTT - still need help with this. I was thinking about running a vacuum line straight from my car's charcoal canister to the EVAP fitting on the intake manifold (and just getting rid of that whole EVAP assembly on the side of the intake manifold) but I am worried that will let unmetered air into the engine and cause me problems.

Anyone know how to make make this work the right way? (not the half-a$$ed way)
Old 03-16-2009, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastKat
What turns the EVAP purge selenoid on and off?? I know it's the computer that does it, but does the computer get a reading from a sensor somewhere or what?
Computer controlled vacuum by changing the frequency signal, doesn't activate until the fuel tank pressure is greater than 0.7psi. I'm not sure on the use of the donor cannister.
MY cannister is deleted and the only line is from the tank to the back of the purge solenoid and from the front of the solenoid line connects to the side of my FAST intake.