Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Down to deciding headers finally

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down to deciding headers finally

I finally have decided its between two companies. I'am either going to go with Texas speed & performance and get pacesetter LT's and y pipe or get the LPP headers and off road y pipe. I can't decide which one to pick from or to get them coated. My friends are 50/50 on the pacesetter. Some of them say that they crack and the coating comes off pretty quick. On the LPP I know their a sponsor but I don't know if I can use the off road y considering its my daily driver. By the way can you get a ticket for that or is it just that you'll fail emissions test. Any feedback would be great guys
Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

First and foremost, do you have to pass emissions in kentucky? If so, then you will need a cat otherwise you wont pass and you will only be able to use the car as a race vehicle, so no ORY for you if thats the case.

Second, if you're thinking about getting them either painted or coated, coated hands down. Even if the coating flakes off, you're still better off than just plain ol' paint.

Third, I know TSP is a sponsor as well, so you're not going to be going to someone who isn't a sponsor.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Go with the LPP headers, i have 'em. I dont have any regrets about buying them either, i've received many compliments from people that have seen them.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with the stainless steel. You won't ever regret it.