Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kooks vs American racing collectors and y pipe

Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kooks vs American racing collectors and y pipe

I have heard some people on the board saying that the american racing y pipe and collectors are better than the kooks old design. hp aside does anyone think that there would be more rasp with the kooks older setup vs the american raicing setup.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

ARH all the way is all i have to say. also all in all in most cases there is going to be rasp. i have arh lt's catted-y, and borla. with the open plate there is some rasp between 2000-2400 with the block off plate in there, there is still rasp. the only set-up i have heard with lt's that does not have rasp is with the slp dual/dual muffler
Old 03-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Launching!

but between the 2 of them would one have more so than the other? I understand that some rasp would still be present between both but if you hear a setup with arh would it sound significantly different with the older style kooks?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i looked at the merg on the y and it is the best one i think out of the other headers i have seen, also i like the spike in the collectors but i have only had arh so im still sayin get ARH if u have the money

Search this Thread