Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Clearances and Do I need this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Clearances and Do I need this?

Im working on getting my new exhaust tubing in place...
I am curious how much room I should leave between the tubes and other things like body, brackets, etc.
Im not sure how much the tubes will move once the engine is running. (btw, I have stock motor mounts...)

I want to get everything tucked up as much as I can. Is 3/4in enough clearance?

Can I cut this off? This is the rear tabs on the tranny mount, Im not sure what they are for... but they are getting in the way of my X.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I do not like cutting on my car, especially stuff like that. In all honesty, it is not that structural to your tranny mount, so if you absolutely MUST cut it out, then I think you can without much risk. Though, I would not do it to my car. I would lengthen the pipes going to the X or something to make it work without cutting the car. If cutting is the only option, cut as little as possible. I assume all you need gone are those tabs anyway, I can't see them being missed.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the advice... I agree. Today I made the legs going to the X longer... so now it tucks up behind that tranny mount.