Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oryp with lowered car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oryp with lowered car?

I did a search but came up empty handed . What kind of ground clearance do you guy's have as I was thinking about lowering my car . Anyone have any pics?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: oryp with lowered car?

I scrap mine once a week, and I have a hooker ory and a prokit that sits really low. If you want some pics I can get one up in 5 mins let me know. FWIW its a good idea to lower the car. drive careful and you wont have any problems at all
Old 10-22-2003, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pics would be great if you have time. Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car is lowered 2 inchs and my oryp never hits the ground or the floor pan now that I modified it; it used to hang lower than the SLP SFC's, but now it's above them. I cut two sections out of the floor pan reinforcements to clear a path for the Y, then installed QTP headers which brought the Y up very close into the two cut away areas. I plan to weld a U channel on top of this area under the carpet soon to restore chassis integrity. I'll post some pics tonight.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Launching!

I'll take some pics under mine when I get a chance. I've got the pro kit and the Hooker ORY. I never drag mine. Of course I'm careful about where I drive too. The only thing I've dragged was my cut out once when I wasn't paying attention and went over a hump to fast. Sucked too because it hit right on the wingnut and tightened it down so tight that I didn't think I was going to get it off.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

The Hooker ory tucks up very well and should not cause minimal issues if any. SLP headers hang kinda low and I'm not sure about qtp/kooks.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

As long as you have 3" between the Y-pipe and the ground you should be ok. I have exactly 3" and I don't really have any issues except for once coming out of a parking lot that was like a ^ (meaning long ditch-quick peak-ditch again, if that makes any sense. Also, it only happened once with a very large friend in the car (250+ lbs). Never happened again (even on the same parking lot exit without that extra 250 lbs.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With my modified Y, ground clearance is limited only by the SLP subframe connectors

As you can see here, the QTP stainless headers tuck up there very close, excellent product!