Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't idle! Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't idle! Help

Alright just finished the cam install to weeks ago and heres the set up:

- TRak cam 231/234 on 111
- LPP LT's and ORY
- Mail-order tune from PCMforless
- Stock heads, stock TB, stock injectors/fuel system, stock manifold

Ok so i finsished the install and the car ran fine, it ran great actually very streetable and idled beautifully at about 800-850. But then I decided to change my cat back out this weekend because it was too loud. So i finished that install and it still idled perfect. But after it warmed up and ten minutes of driving later, when I came to a stop it started sputtering and died. I went to start it back up and it struggled but came alive but then went to die again but I kept it running by pedaling the throttle. It does this all the time now and I can't put the car in reverse either?!?!? Now the only thing that I can think of that could of caused this would be that when I changed the catback I moved the oxygen sensor wires that I had spliced to make them reach the collectors and they melted ... Plus the O2 sensors are **** anyways and they need to be replaced. Could not having either front O2 sensor working cause this???? or what could be wrong? (I have already checked for vacuum leaks) any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kyle
Old 04-05-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

front o2 sensors are important. Also, if you melted the wires on the front o2's those are on the same power circuit as the MAF. check your fuses under your hood. i had that same fuse pop once when my wires melted and it caused idle issues.