Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debaffle Hood And Sealing Airbox to hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Debaffle Hood And Sealing Airbox to hood

I was wondering if this has been done before where you debaffle your ws6 hood and then seal the hood to the front part of the airbox shown in the picture below, i believe its about an inch of weatherstripping to seal it correct?. Has anyone done this? any input would be helpful. I also did the free ram air thing too, don't know if i needed to do it being as my car is a ws6.

I Also plan on sealing my slp lid as well with the weatherstripping underneath the lid.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:01 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Zerokube
I was wondering if this has been done before where you debaffle your ws6 hood and then seal the hood to the front part of the airbox shown in the picture below, i believe its about an inch of weatherstripping to seal it correct?. Has anyone done this? any input would be helpful. I also did the free ram air thing too, don't know if i needed to do it being as my car is a ws6.

I Also plan on sealing my slp lid as well with the weatherstripping underneath the lid.

I did this when I got my car in 2001... not sure how much it helps, but it does not heart.

Only thing, Is be VERY VERY carefull driving in the rain, it sucks in a lot of water w/o the baffles...
Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes... this mod has been around for about 10 years now...

good free/low cost mod to do..

I have to shove a towel in the nostril on my hood when driving through a car wash or whatever... my problems in the water are compounded since i have the Volant CAI
Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well I planned on only remove the first part of the baffle not the black things. What type of weatherstripping should I put? Rubber or foam?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

On my T/A, I used "super firm sponge rubber" like a foam ... it's black, has a nice consistency, and looks good. Ace Hardware product. I could only find it in 1/2" but you could double up if desired.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM
FormerVendor

Default JAAM Kit

If you decide you want to buy a pre-made kit to do this, we sell the JAAM WS6 ram air kit. Check it out on our site. It comes with everything you need. It is for OEM WS6 hoods only.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Zerokube
well I planned on only remove the first part of the baffle not the black things. What type of weatherstripping should I put? Rubber or foam?
I used the same type of gasket you out put around a car door. Got it at Pep-Boys, was about $30 for the roll. It has a metal groove that slips onto the opening in the hood... Works really well! I used to use heavy a heavy fome gasket that had the sticky back, but it would never stay well on the inside of the hood.

This stuff does not budge...

Brian Greene used to make peices that would make the inside all smooth... was a nice piece, but he stoped making it in 2005.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Hey WS6TransAm01, got a part # for that door gasket stuff? also pics of the setup would be killer

Quick Reply: Debaffle Hood And Sealing Airbox to hood